Friday, March 30, 2012

I have finished the play...

...and I have realized an important fact. When I firstly read about the plot of the play, I fell in love with the idea of people changing into rhinoceroses. I was delighted to think about the aspects of human behavior, the complicated nature of human mind, the almighty group pressure and the definitions of normality. The play has given me numerous questions that entertained my mind and soul. However, since I have read everything about the masterpiece before reading the masterpiece itself, I wasn't that overwhelmed when I was finally reading it. Doesn't is also spoil your joy from reading, when you know the ending? Well, if the book is nicely written, it doesn't. However, I have never read a nicely written drama. Drama is here to be acted on stage, not to be read for entertainment. I believe it is only the producer who should read it and make it worth watching. Of course, we were supposed to take the role of a producer. Thus, it is only natural that we had to read the play. What I am trying to say is that I admire Ionesco and his motivations, but I cannot praise the way the book is written.
 (the first half of task 9)


2 comments:

  1. Very well stated. Very few dramatists have made work that is as exciting to read as it is to watch -- or in some cases, more exciting to read than to watch (which, actually, for drama, would be a sort of failure).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice entry and LOVELY picture :)

    ReplyDelete